Case Study: Financial Report Migration for a Large Mining Corporation
The client is a large mining company, a group company of one of the largest business houses in India. The parent company was set up in 1950 and is the country’s first truly global corporation with operations in 35 countries. The clients wanted to migrate their financial reporting processes from Microsoft Excel to Microsoft Power BI.
The Business Objectives & Challenges:
The clients mandated a general dashboard containing a filter, positioning of table visuals, and chart visuals.
Some alternate visuals like monthly trends of the expenses, and the ratio of some essential costs also needed to be created
- Our experienced Data & Analytics team analyzed the data, created a table and designed a user-friendly data model
- We then migrated the report to Power BI
- Team AchieveX created table for two analyses - variance analysis and expense analysis
- A dynamic page header and two charts were also part of the deliverables
Enhanced Client Satisfaction:
- The Power BI dashboard we designed was easily interpretable, hence easy to use by the client stakeholders
- This led to increased adoption by the client stakeholders leading to more constructive feedbacks and further enhancement of dashboard functionalities
- More informed decisions taken by business stakeholders also resulted in higher business efficiency